Food / 30 August, 2017 / My Baba
Iced Coconut Halva, Pomegranate & Pistachio Bark
- 500g coconut yoghurt
- 3 tbsp. date syrup
- 1?2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1?2 tsp. mixed spice
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract or bean paste
- 100g dried fruits (dried cherries & strawberries work well)
- 150g pomegranate seeds
- 25g cacao nibs
- 50g raw pistachios, roughly chopped, plus a few extra for scattering over serving plates
- 50 halva, chopped
- 2tbsp. dessicated coconut
- Grease a 20cm Square Baking Tin and line with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the yogurt, maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla. Gently stir in the dried fruits, halva, pomegranate seeds, pistachios (leave some to sprinkle), cacao nibs and mix until everything is combined. Pour the mixture into the tin, spreading it out evenly, making sure the fillings are evenly distributed. Sprinkle the chopped pistachios over the surface. Cover with cling film and place in the freezer overnight or until required (at least 4 hours to set).
- To serve, break the bark and scatter a few more chopped pistachios over the top and serve immediately.
Recipe taken from baliboosta