For all bloggers out there SEO is something of vital importance, and for those of you who don’t know it stands for search engine optimism.
SEO is a term that usually leaves people feeling dazed and confused, but as a matter of fact it is a lot more simple than you think. Search engine optimism is exactly what it says on the tin. SEO is the organisation of posts on your blog, a key element in allowing readers to scroll freely and access the posts which they are searching for.
If you’ve cracked SEO it is a good way of enticing and grabbing hundreds of new readers onto your blog, and its simple, quick and easy.
So here are a few of our top tips for improving your blog’s SEO that can be made in a matter of seconds.
- Try and increase the length of your post. Keep it at around 500 words or more so you are given the opportunity to include the most content you can, and therefore can be recognised via google.
- Include keywords and phrases. Try and repeat these as much as possible as those who are searching these topics will find it easier to find via a search engine.
- You can also download a plug-in for WordPress called SEO pressor. This plug-in identifies key words and then tells you if you’re using them in the right way.
- Try and Italicise your keywords or put them in bold at least once, so they stand out within your post.
- Be sure to use bright and colourful images. These increase the blogs visibility in search engines and make readers more likely to click on your posts.
- Don’t be afraid to put links to different websites. When reviewing products always try and put a hyperlink to a website where you can buy it, or when using research information supply the original website.