Food / 24 December, 2017 / My Baba
Individual Baked Camemberts with Roasted Vegetable Rosemary Skewers
These individual baked camemberts are perfect with skewered seasonal vegetables to dip into the oozy soft cheese. Skewering the vegetables with rosemary stalks imparts a lovely aroma through the vegetables. This quick starter is easy to make. You can part-cook the vegetables on the hob of your Leisure range cooker then skewer them and cook the vegetables alongside the camemberts in the oven.
For the camemberts:
- 6 mini baking camemberts
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 6 small sprigs of rosemary
For the skewers:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 6 firm woody rosemary stalks
- 12 Brussels sprouts
- 2 parsnips, cut into thick rounds
- 2 carrots, cut into thick rounds
- 12 fresh cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Remove other packaging and place the camemberts back into their wooden boxes and place them on a baking tray. Score the top of each one with an x and poke a peeled clove of garlic into each one. Set aside.
- Mix the oil and rosemary in a bowl.
- Steam the sprouts, parsnips and carrots for a 5 minutes to soften and slightly cook through.
- Using a knife, carefully sharpen one end of each rosemary stalk to a point.
- Alternating, thread the part-cooked vegetables onto the rosemary skewers (it may be easier to pierce the vegetables with a metal skewer first), then brush liberally with the oil.
- Place them on a baking tray and cook both the skewers and camembert for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is soft and the vegetables begin to turn crispy.
- Serve each camembert with a sprig of rosemary. To eat, dip the vegetables into the melted cheese.
Created by Veggie Desserts for Leisurecooker.co.uk