These individual baked camemberts are perfect with skewered seasonal vegetables to dip into the oozy soft cheese. Skewering the vegetables with rosemary stalks imparts a lovely aroma through the vegetables. This quick starter is easy to make. You can part-cook the vegetables on the hob of your Leisure range cooker then skewer them and cook the vegetables alongside the camemberts in the oven.
For the camemberts:
- 6 mini baking camemberts
- 6 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 6 small sprigs of rosemary
For the skewers:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 6 firm woody rosemary stalks
- 12 Brussels sprouts
- 2 parsnips, cut into thick rounds
- 2 carrots, cut into thick rounds
- 12 fresh cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Remove other packaging and place the camemberts back into their wooden boxes and place them on a baking tray. Score the top of each one with an x and poke a peeled clove of garlic into each one. Set aside.
- Mix the oil and rosemary in a bowl.
- Steam the sprouts, parsnips and carrots for a 5 minutes to soften and slightly cook through.
- Using a knife, carefully sharpen one end of each rosemary stalk to a point.
- Alternating, thread the part-cooked vegetables onto the rosemary skewers (it may be easier to pierce the vegetables with a metal skewer first), then brush liberally with the oil.
- Place them on a baking tray and cook both the skewers and camembert for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is soft and the vegetables begin to turn crispy.
- Serve each camembert with a sprig of rosemary. To eat, dip the vegetables into the melted cheese.
Created by Veggie Desserts for Leisurecooker.co.uk