- 4 free-range chicken breasts, cut into 1cm strips
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- 1 avocado, peeled, stoned and sliced
For the dressing
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Season the chicken strips with salt and pepper.
- Place 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a bowl and scatter the sesame seeds over a large plate. Brush the chicken strips with the olive oil and then roll in the sesame seeds to coat on both sides. Place the chicken on a sheet of baking parchment on a plate and refrigerate until needed.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients together, season to taste and set aside.
- Arrange the spinach leaves and avocado slices in a large bowl.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat. When it is hot, add the remaining olive oil and then the sesame chicken strips. Fry the chicken until golden on one side before turning and cooking until golden on the other side.
- As soon as the chicken is ready, add it to the spinach and avocado, drizzle over the dressing, toss to combine and serve.
*top tip – avocados are full of fibre, vitamin K, folate, potassium and vitamin B6, as well as healthy monounsaturated fat. Teamed with nutrient-rich spinach and deliciously crunchy chicken for protein, they make a great salad.
Clean & Lean Pregnancy Guide by James Duigan, published by Kyle Books, priced: £12.99. Photography: Sebastian Roos and Charlie Richards.