The perfect week has presented itself to pep up a pudding with these stunning, crimson tinged blood oranges and a little of our own English forced ‘baby pink’ rhubarb. It’s a pink time of year. Blood oranges, rhubarb and pomegranate are all in season and utterly delicious. This is just the easiest little pudding to pop together and served with clotted cream or Greek Yogurt, mouth-wateringly good and just very PINK! Perfect love food.
- 1 blood orange
- 2 sticks of rhubarb
- ¼ pomegranate seeded
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180. Wash the rhubarb and cut into 1 inch batons. Pop on some foil on a baking sheet and toss with the maple syrup and caster sugar. Roast in the oven till just soft – about 15 minutes – do check it – you don’t want a puree!
2. Deseed the pomegranate and carefully segment the orange making sure to cut away any of the bitter white pith.
3. Pop all the ingredients in a bowl and mix gently – serve with clotted cream or Greek Yogurt.
Written by the wonderful Joanna Preston of Larder Saga. Check it out for other scrumptious ideas!