Have you tried reflexology? I have been a reflexologist for over 13 years and reflexology has always done one thing for my clients, it has helped them sleep.
I work with a lot of new parents and the thing they talk about most is sleepless nights or that baby can’t sleep. If reflexology can knock a grown man out it can surely help a baby sleep.
Here are some tips and tricks to help baby sleep:
- Burn a lavender or camomile candle just before baby’s bed time, it’s best to use non-synthetic candles or
- Dab a tiny drop of lavender on your hands with some base oil
- Whilst baby is feeding start to massage points on the feet below
- Press very gently on area marked solar plexus, do small circles around that area in an anti-clockwise direction.
- Press very gently on each toe and gently try to massage any crystals out
Do this on both feet for a minute or so. You can repeat 3x a day, but a few minutes is all baby needs. Reflexology is a wonderful therapy to provide for your baby. It is convenient and can be used anywhere at anytime. It can help baby with a multitude of issues such as colic, constipation, teething, stuffiness, and simple rest and relaxation. Parents have the tool of reflexology right at their own fingertips.
Keah Lan, Reflexologist