- 1 butternut squash
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Carefully slice the butternut squash in half lengthwise, revealing the centre seeds. Invite your child to scoop out the seeds and discard.
- Place the sliced squash cut side down in a lightly greased baking pan and cover with foil. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil from the pan and allow the butternut squash to cool for 10 minutes. Score the sides with a sharp knife and then invite your child to scoop the semi-cooked squash into a bowl. Leave at least a 1-inch border around the edges and bottom.
Recipe by Popsugar.