Every year Kids Company delivers thousands of donated Christmas gifts to under privileged children across London and Bristol. The age groups that often get forgotten by those who kindly donate are babies and toddlers, so My Baba has teamed up with KidsCo to launch the ‘Kids Giving Kids’ campaign, to help provide for the little ones.
My Baba’s ‘Kids Giving Kids’ campaign will collect toys donated by children from participating London nurseries. The aim is to teach our children that giving is just as important as receiving at such a special time of year, encouraging parents to help their child choose gifts for the babies and toddlers in London that would otherwise go without.
There are two ways in which our nurseries are donating. Some have opted to provide a complete selection of gifts for an individual baby or toddler – choosing five items from our wish list, and others have chosen to collect one-off gift donations.
It’s very true that every little helps, and gifts do not have to be expensive.
Here is our wish list:
For a Baby
- Teddy bear
- Baby blanket, towel or comforter
- Baby bottles
For a Toddler
- Teddy bear
- Building blocks or puzzle
- Crayons, colouring in or stickers
We have listed some of the easiest sites to find the perfect gift for babies and toddlers. Any item, small or large will be gratefully received.
- Asda’s Little Angels collection. Find everything from babies’ toys to snuggle blankets.
- The Early Learning Centre has a huge selection, and a great ‘search by’ category. Good deals on books too.
- Argos – we could get lost for hours on this website, there’s so much to choose from, with some really good offers this Christmas.
- John Lewis has my favourite Christmas advert of the year. There’s everything from whoopee cushions to the latest Christmas gifts.
- If you’re looking to buy one thing, Amazon has to be one of the easiest. With gifts in every price bracket, just search for what you’re looking for.
The address to send your gift to, is
28 Meriden Court
Chelsea Manor Street
London SW3 3TT
Please leave your presents unwrapped for the Elves to inspect!
*All presents have to be brand-new, and if possible, unisex. Presents should not be associated with violence or aggressive behaviour.