Preparation time:5 minutes
Cooking time:10 minutes
Total time:15 minutes
- 2 tsp dark soy sauce
- 10g Gochujang Chilli Paste, or Bart Infusions chilli paste
- 180g Frozen White Rice
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- ½ bunch salad onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ pointed spring cabbage, cored and shredded
- 150g Beansprouts
- 40g salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 2 Medium Free Range Eggs
- Combine the soy sauce and chilli paste in a small bowl. Microwave the rice on full for 2 minutes.
- Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a frying pan and briefly fry the salad onions and garlic until they begin to sizzle. Add the cabbage and fry, stirring for a further 3 minutes until wilted. Tip in the rice and beansprouts and fry for 1-2 minutes until very hot. Stir in the chilli mixture and peanuts and mix well.
- Turn out onto serving plates and keep warm. Wipe out the pan, heat the remaining oil and use to fry the eggs. Place on top of the rice to serve.
Cook’s tip: Gochujang is a Korean spice blend with a fiery kick. It’s also good for brushing over meat before grilling or barbecuing, or adding to Asian-style soups and stir-fries.
For competitions and offers from our favourite brands, click here.