Food / 6 April, 2017 / My Baba
“Scotch Eggs” Two Ways with Honey and Mustard Dip
These delicious “Scotch Eggs” hide a cheesy secret inside! Two delicious flavours, herby pork sausage meat and black pudding, each wrapped around a cube of Le Rustique Camembert which after being deep-fried ooze seductively. Dunk these into a tangy, sweet honey and mustard dip for a truly cheesy treat.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- “Scotch Eggs”:
- x6 (400g) high meat content herb pork sausages, skinned
- x6 (400g) black puddings, skinned
- 250g box Le Rustique Camembert, cut into 12 cubes
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 50g to 75g fine bread crumbs
- 125ml runny honey (Flower honey)
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Take each sausage or black pudding and flatten them out into a large thin round; place Le Rustique Camembert cube into the middle and bring the sides up to completely cover the cheese, making sure there are no gaps or holes in the sausage or black pudding. Gently shape them into an egg shape in the palm of your hand.
- Dip the “Scotch Egg” into the beaten egg and then cover it with the bread crumbs; set to one side on a plate whilst you make the rest.
Spring recipes created by Lavender and Lovage for Le Rustique.