An Italian dish that dates back to mid-20th Century, Linguine Puttanesca is fabulous summer serve-up for all the family.
- 200g linguine
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g tinned tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed
- 12 black olives, stones removed and chopped
- handful basil leaves
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. .Cook the linguine in a large pot of salted water for ten minutes or until the pasta is cooked. Drain once the pasta is cooked and reserve ½ cup pasta water.
2. While the pasta is cooking place a frying pan over a medium heat, and add the olive oil. Stir in the tomatoes and a pinch of sea salt and cook over a high heat for 2–3 minutes, stirring often. Stir in the crushed garlic, anchovies, and dried chilli flakes. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 3 minutes.
3. Stir in the capers and olives and cook for another minute. Add the cooked linguine to the sauce and stir well.
4. Divide the pasta puttanesca between two warmed bowls and tear over the basil leaves before serving