Makes: 2 adult or 4 kid-sized portions
Prepartion Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- 4 flour or corn tortillas
- 1 handful of rocket leaves, to serve
For the chicken, cheese and corn filling:
- 2 large handfuls of grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 large handfuls of leftover cooked chicken, torn into small pieces
- 4 tbsp sweet chilli dipping sauce, plus extra for serving (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley leaves
- Heat a frying pan to a medium heat. Put one tortilla in the pan and sprinkle over half of the filling ingredients. Cover with the second tortilla and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Gently turn the whole quesadilla over and cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the base is golden and the cheese has melted
- Remove the quesadilla from the pan and keep it warm while you cook the second one. Transfer them to a board and cut into quarters, using a pizza wheel if you have one. Serve hot with rocket leaves and extra chilli dipping sauce, if you like.
It’s great to experiement with different filling options depending on what you like and can get your hands on. Just don’t fill too much otherwise the quesadillas will be too difficult to flip over. It’ll still taste good but it might look a bit battered! Our household favourite fillings include baked beans, grated Cheddar and a shake of Worcestershire sauce, or grated Cheddar with sliced avacado, fresh coriander leaves and tomato salsa.
By Jo Pratt
Extracted from Madhouse Cookbook by Jo Pratt text © (2013), published by Duncan Baird Publishers, London (£20 Hardback). From Madhouse Cookbook by Jo Pratt © Commissioned Photography © Gareth Morgans/ Duncan Baird Publishers 2013
To receive your copy of Madhouse Cookbook at the special price of £15 (including postage and packing) please call Duncan Baird Publishers on 0207 454 8513 or send a cheque made payable to Watkins Publishing Ltd to Sixth Floor, Castle House, 75 Wells St, London, W1T 3QH, quoting ‘Madhouse Cookbook – Babablog.com special offer.’ Normal price of £20. All major credit and debit cards accepted. This offer applies to UK residents only.