Features / 30 December, 2017 / Lizzie King
Maple Pumpkin Pecan Muffins
These are totally delectable and fluffy with a spiced pumpkin sponge and a pecan crunch topping that kids go wild for. The perfect for the weekend of fireworks ahead and they’re a snap to make. Don’t be scared by the long list of ingredients, they’re mainly spices from the cupboard to make the flavour pop!
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree (steamed and processed or a tin will work)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- pinch Allspice and grated nutmeg
- ½ Cup (GF Bread) flour
- 1 Cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- ½ cup dates, chopped
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- Pinch sea salt
- ¼ cup pecans
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Makes 12 muffins
- Sift the flours and powders with the ground spices into a large mixing bowl and combine with a wooden spoon.
- In a small bowl whisk eggs together and then add in the vanilla extract, maple syrup and pumpkin puree (when it’s cooled) and mix everything together.
- Pour the wet mixture into the flours and fold together carefully until all mixed in.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tray, either silicone or case-lined, and bake as is at 180 for 15-20 minutes
- For topping: Combine chopped pecans and syrup, and with a teaspoon place a few of each on top of each muffin until mixture is finished.
Lizzie King, mother of 3, Nutritional Health Coach and Founder of Vitalove
Follow @lizzieloveshealthy on Instagram and Twitter for daily tips and recipes to keep everyone happy and healthy.