I get so over-excited when the first of December hits, the lights go on in London and the city is flooded with Christmas carols. It’s such a special time for families and I love the magic that surrounds it.
The wonderful Liz Franklin conjured up these wonderful mini Christmas puddings. They’re so easy to make and a good one to do with the kids.
- 15 digestive Biscuits
- 5oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 6 glacé cherries, quartered
- 1/4 cup of raisins
Yellow, green and red and ready-to-roll icing, to decorate
1) Put the biscuits into a strong plastic bag and bash them with a rolling pin until they look like fine breadcrumbs
2) Melt the chocolate, butter and golden syrup together in a bowl over a pan of gently simmering water
3) Pour the chocolate mixture into a bowl and stir in the biscuit crumbs, cherries and raisins
4) Form the mixture into small balls and put them on a plate in the fridge to set for half an hour or so
5) Decorate the tops using yellow ready-to-roll icing to make the custard, green to make holly shapes and red to make small berries
TOP TIP The yummy Christmas puds are best eaten the same day you make them!