These mini no-kneed pizzas are the perfect weekend treat for kids and adults alike. I saw this recipe in the I Am A Food Blog and had to share with you. I can’t wait to make these this weekend!
- makes 16 mini pizzas
- prep time: 10 minutes
- active time: 30 minutes plus 18 hours rising time
- total time: 40 minutes
2 cups minus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1/8 teaspoon active dry yeast
3/4 cups water
Toppings, as desired
Whisk flour, salt, and yeast in a medium bowl. While stirring with a wooden spoon, gradually add 3/4 cups water; stir until well incorporated. Mix dough gently with your hands to bring it together and form into a rough ball. Transfer to a large clean bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let dough rise at room temperature in a draft-free area until surface is covered with tiny bubbles and dough has more than doubled in size, about 18 hours.
Transfer dough to a floured work surface. Gently shape into a rough rectangle. Divide into 16 equal portions – they will be quite tiny. Working with 1 portion at a time, gather 4 corners to center to create 4 folds. Turn seam side down and mold gently into a ball. Dust dough with flour; set aside on work surface or a floured baking sheet. Repeat with remaining portions.
Let dough rest, covered with plastic wrap or a damp kitchen towel, until soft and pliable, about 1 hour.
To make the pizzas:
During the last hour of dough’s resting, prepare oven: arrange a rack in middle of oven and preheat to its hottest setting, 500°-550°. Working with 1 dough ball at a time, dust dough with flour and place on a lightly floured work surface. Gently shape dough into a small 3”³ disks.
Arrange dough disks on a lightly oiled baking sheet; top with desired toppings. Bake pizzas until bottoms of crusts are crisp and tops are blistered, about 8-10 minutes. Transfer to a work surface to slice, if desired.
Pizzas from left to right:
- cacio e pepe – black pepper and parmesan
- chicken parmesan – crispy chicken, tomato sauce, parmesan
- mozzarella, chicken, and broccoli
- spicy sausage
- baked potato with bacon, cheddar, sour cream, and chives
- tomato sauce, chicken, mozzarella, and avocado
- sliced potatoes, mozzarella, olive oil, and garlic
- tuna, cheddar, and green onions
- tomatoes, mozzarella, and egg
- aglio e olio – olive oil, garlic, and crushed red pepper
- four cheese
- bacon cheeseburger
- Chinese sausage, green onions, mozzarella
- tomatoes, cheddar, and broccoli
- tomatoes, anchovies, and crushed red pepper
Taken from the I Am A Food Blog