Christmas Recipes / 5 December, 2018 / My Baba
10 Delicious Mocktail Recipes Perfect for Your Christmas Party
1 bottle of Botonique crisp dry white, half a lemon, 4-star anise, 2 cinnamon sticks, 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Cut lemon into slices
- Pour bottle of Botonique into a saucepan on a low heat
- Add all ingredients: half a lemon sliced, 4 star anise, 2 cinnamon sticks, 2 spoons of sugar
- Cook on a low heat for 15-20 mins. and stir regularly
- Strain the mixture into a jug and serve in heatproof mugs
- 150ml pineapple juice
- 50ml coconut milk
- 25ml lime juice
- cherry, to garnish
For the mock rum syrup
- 100g dark brown muscovado sugar
- 1 pineapple, a few strips of skin, plus leaves to garnish
- 5 black peppercorns
- 5 cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- To make a mock rum syrup, put the dark brown muscovado sugar and 200ml water in a saucepan, stir well and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Add a few strips of skin from the pineapple, add the black peppercorns, cloves and a cinnamon stick, then bring to the boil. Turn off the heat and leave to infuse until cold. Strain into a jug and set aside in the fridge until needed. Will keep for up to three days.
- Pour the pineapple juice into a tall glass, and add the coconut milk and lime juice. Stir gently. Fill up the glass with a handful ice then slowly add 25ml of the syrup so it sinks to the bottom. Garnish with pineapple leaves and a tinned cherry.
- 1l pear juice
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 4 cardamom pods
- few slices root ginger
- 25ml raw apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp rosewater
- 250ml sparkling water
For the garnish
- rosemary sprigs
- thyme, leaves picked
- sliced red pear
- handful frozen redcurrants
- Pour the pear juice into a large pan. Add the vanilla pod, golden caster sugar, cardamom pods and root ginger, then bring to a simmer. Leave to cool completely, then strain into a punch bowl or jug.
- Add the raw apple cider vinegar, rosewater and sparkling water. Garnish with rosemary sprigs, thyme, sliced red pear and a handful of frozen redcurrants. Add ice and serve.
A blend of Botonique blush and grapefruit finished off with a sprig of rosemary and a slice of grapefruit.
- 2 parts Botonique Blush
- 1-part pink grapefruit juice
- Sprig of rosemary or basil, to taste
- A quarter slice of pink grapefruit
- 300ml (10 1/2fl oz) vanilla ice-cream
- 100ml (3 1/2fl oz) lemon juice
- 500ml (1pt 2fl oz) diet lemonade
- 1/2tsp ground cinnamon
- 60g (2 1/2oz) redcurrants
For the syrup
- 10g (1/4oz) mincemeat
- 25g (1oz) caster sugar
- 25ml (1fl oz) water
- To make the syrup, heat the sugar and water together in a pan until the sugar dissolves. Leave to cool a little and pour into a jar
- Leave to cool a little and pour into a jar. Add the mincemeat to the jar and infuse overnight. Then, strain the mixture, reserving the syrup.
- Measure out 10ml (1/4fl oz) of syrup, mix the portion of syrup with the rest of the ingredients until pale and frothy
- Divide the ‘mocktail’ into glasses. Dust with cinnamon and top with a few redcurrants before serving.
- 4 tsp instant coffee
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp sugar
- 4 tbsp Tesco Finest salted caramel sauce
- 100ml single cream
- 4 rosemary sprigs, to serve
- Dissolve the coffee in 400ml boiling water. Stir in the vanilla extract and sugar until dissolved, then set aside to cool.
- When ready to serve, drizzle the salted caramel sauce down the sides of 4 glasses.
- Add a couple of ice cubes to each glass and carefully pour in the coffee.
- Divide the cream between the glasses (1-2 tbsp per glass) and lightly swirl together. Garnish with a rosemary sprig.
- 500ml cranberry juice
- 500ml pomegranate juice
- 2 tbsp grenadine (optional)
- 500ml sparkling water
- handful of fresh pomegranate seeds, to serve
- mint leaves, to serve
- Stir together a handful of ice, the cranberry juice, pomegranate juice and grenadine (if using) in a punch bowl or large jug.
- Pour in the sparkling water and stir to combine.
- Scatter with the cranberries and fresh mint to finish.
Botonique, blackcurrant cordial, rosemary sprig and raspberry.
- Pour a champagne flute of Botonique.
- Add splash of Blackcurrant cordial.
- Finish with a raspberry and rosemary sprig.
- 1 measure grape juice
- 1 slice watermelon 2 inches thick
- Juice ½ lemon
- Crushed ice
- Sparkling mineral water
1. Blend the watermelon with the grape juice and freshly squeezed lemon juice
2. Half fill a tall glass with crushed ice
3. Pour over the fruit juices and top up with sparkling water to
- 4 measures of ginger ale
- 1 tsp grenadine
- 1 Measure of orange juice
- Crushed ice
- Slice of orange and maraschino cherry
1. Half fill a large wine glass with crushed ice
2. Add the freshly squeezed orange juice and the grenadine, top with ginger ale
3. Garnish with the slice of orange and maraschino cherry – you can leave out the cherry but it does look cute!