Food / 30 July, 2017 / My Baba
Cookie Moon Cheesecake
This Monty Bojangles Cookie Moon Cheesecake looks utterly out of this world! Who agrees!?
For the base
For the filling
- 175g Cookie moon truffles 280g cream cheese
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon custard powder 3 large eggs
- 3 large egg yolks
- 400g Yoghurt
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180oC/350oF.
- To make the base, process granola with the butter until well mixed then tip into a 23cm spring form tin. Press well into the bottom of the tin to make an even base and put into the freezer while you make the filling.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and set aside to cool slightly.
- Whip the cream cheese with the sugar and custard powder until smooth then beat in the whole eggs and then the yolks, and then stir in the yoghurt.
- To this mixture add the melted chocolate, and mix to a smooth batter.
- Take the spring form tin out of the freezer and line the outside of the tin with a good layer of clingfilm, and then another layer of foil over that.
- Sit the spring form tin in a roasting pan and pour in the cheesecake filling.
- Fill the roasting pan with just-boiled water to come about halfway up the cake tin, and bake in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour.
- The top of the cheesecake should be set with a wobble underneath. Remove the foil and cling film and sit the cheesecake on to a rack to cool.
- Once cool place in the fridge and leave to set, covered with cling film, overnight.
- To serve remove from the fridge and allow to sit for 30 minutes or so. Carefully undo the spring form tin, loosening the cake with a thin bladed knife dipped in hot water if necessary. Cut into thick slices and serve.
A recipe by Monty Bojangles