Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20-25 minutes
- 150g Crazy Jack Organic Traditional Dried Apricots
- 1 tbsp oil +2 tsp
- 1 onion, roughly chopped (225g)
- 1½ tbsp harissa paste + 2 tsp
- 250g pack Crazy Jack Organic Red Split Lentils
- 1.4 litre vegetable stock
- Chopped coriander to serve
- Reserve 4 apricots and roughly chop the rest.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large saucepan and fry the onion for 4-5 minutes until golden.
- Add 1½ tbsp harissa, lentils and chopped apricots and fry for 1 minute. Stir in the stock and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Puree with a stick blender until smooth.
- Divide the soup into 4 bowls. Mix the remaining harissa and oil together and drizzle over the soup. Slice the reserved apricots and scatter over the soup with some chopped coriander.
Use vegan vegetable bouillon powder for a vegan option. Add shredded cooked chicken at the end for a non-vegetarian option.
Recipe by Crazy Jack