Makes 12 cupcakes
- 110 g caster sugar
- 30 g cocoa powder, sifted
- 55 g rice flour
- 25 g cornflour
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 3 large eggs
- 110 g butter or dairy-free baking margarine, softened
- 1 heaped tbsp blackcurrant jam
- 100 g beetroot, coarsely grated
- 75 g fresh raspberries
- 100 g good-quality dark chocolate, broken into bits
- freeze-dried raspberry pieces and 3 fresh raspberries per cake, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place 12 large cupcake cases in a 12-hole muffin tray.
- Place the sugar, cocoa, rice flour, cornflour, baking powder, eggs and butter into a medium bowl, and beat until smooth.
- Mix the jam with the beetroot, and stir into the cake batter. Fold in the fresh raspberries.
- Three-quarter fill the cupcake cases with the cake batter, and bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes until the cakes are well risen and feel springy in the centre. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan half-filled with boiling water.
- Using a teaspoon, drizzle the melted chocolate back and forth over the top of each cupcake.
- Before the drizzled chocolate sets, sprinkle with dried raspberry pieces and arrange raspberries in the centre of each cake.
Recipe taken from Genius.