A few weeks ago we were approached by the lovely people at Folksy’s blog to contribute to their summer holiday children’s craft tutorials. The little foxes and I had had such a good time last school holidays making paper dolls from Sweet Paul’s website, that I fancied designing a paper doll for Mrs Fox’s.
Their design is a mash up of Evie and Rex our handmade dolls that we sell on Folksy, my beautiful little girl Una May and her dog Bea. If you’d like to make your own you can download the template from Folksy, paint cut out and play. Super simple to make, great for the school holidays.
So here are Evie & Rex in paper:
All You Will Need is:
- paper & card
- paint, coloured pencils or pens
1. Download the PDF (2 pages; Evie & Rex and one page of her clothes) print onto white paper.
2. Colour Evie, her friend Rex the dog and her clothes however you wish.
3. To make Evie and Rex stand up, glue then onto card – you can use an old cereal box it’s the right thickness. Leave a strip of card about 3cm wide at the bottom that you can fold into a stand – see below:
4. Cut out Evie’s clothes and fold the tabs over the edge of the doll to dress her. Have fun designing and making your own outfits for Evie.