My Baba is committed to protecting your personal information and complying with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). This policy describes how we collect, use, store and disclose your personal information.
My Baba Family LLP (“My Baba”) is the lead data controller in respect of personal data processed under this policy. My Baba’s company number is OC392026 and registered address is 21 Navigation Business Village, Navigation Way, Ashton on Ribble, Preston, Lancashire, PR2 2YP
This policy applies to any personal information provided by you through the My Baba website (www.mybaba.com) or through your interactions with us by email.
Why do we collect personal information about you?
My Baba collects personal information about you to inform you about, and provide you with, My Baba content or services and products available to order from My Baba, to deal with any enquiries you may have, to administer competitions and to improve and develop these and the site for the future.
What Personal Information do we collect?
My Baba collects the following types of personal information about you which you may provide to us:
- Identity data – including forename and surname, gender, marital and family status (if you make this known to us in our dealings)
- Contact data – including E-mail address, Telephone number, Address, Delivery name and address
- Financial data – including payment card details
- Transaction data – Details of the products or service you have purchased from us and information about whether or not payment has been made
- Profile data such as log-in information, purchases made by you, your interests and preferences and any feedback and survey responses
- Marketing and communications data such as your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, if you’re using the site on your mobile, you may choose to provide us with location data. The information we obtain from those services does depend on your settings for that service or their privacy policies. So you should always regularly check what those are.
With regard to each of your and your authorised users visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
– technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect the computer to the Internet, login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
– information about the visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
This information does not identify you personally. It simply enables us to compile statistics.
We also collect Aggregated Data includes statistical or demographic data, for example we may aggregate your usage data to calculate the percentage of users using a specific Website feature. Aggregate data is not considered personal data, however if we combine aggregate date with personal data we then treat it as personal data.
We do not collect any Special Categories of Personal Date about you, for example race, religious beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation etc
For further detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see the Cookies Policy.
How do we receive personal information about you?
My Baba receives this personal information about you when you contact us directly via email or visit the My Baba website (www.mybaba.com) to browse our content, to request to purchase a product or service, to create a VIP account, to enter competitions, to make a general enquiry, to provide us with feedback or to request our newsletter.
We also receive information from our payment provider to confirm that payment has been made for any VIP membership or product that you may order through our site. The payment provider will collect certain of your personal data through this process and has its own security and privacy information.
How do we use Personal Information about you?
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to – where we need to perform a contract with you, where necessary for our legitimate interests where those are not overridden by your interests and rights, for legal compliance and where none of those apply, with your consent.
My Baba uses personal information about you that you give us:
- to identify who you are when you contact us
- to provide you with the products or services you have requested (and note we may not be able to perform a contract to provide products or services if you fail to provide certain of the information requested)
- to ensure payment for products or services purchased and to prevent or detect fraud
- to understand what My Baba content and products or services you may be interested in
- to contact you regarding products or services you have ordered to provide you with e-receipts, to answer your general enquiries or to administer product safety related communications
- to improve My Baba content, products or services and to carry out customer surveys
- to resolve complaints or issues you may have with the My Baba website or a product or service
- to manage our relationship with you
- to administer competitions
- to send you My Baba newsletters where you have requested the same
- to send you marketing information about products or services or general My Baba news that you may be interested in
- to improve our customer relationship with you
- to manage your communication preferences or to record that you have unsubscribed from mailing
We use the information we collect about you:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
You will receive e-newsletters and other electronic marketing from us only if you have requested this.
How will we contact you?
My Baba and its third party service providers (eg, payment processors, newsletter, marketing and competition fulfilment agencies and IT service providers) may contact you by post, telephone, email and/or text message, unless you have told us not to or have registered with the telephone or post preference services.
Who do we provide this personal information to?
The personal information is provided to:
- our service providers who perform services on our behalf, such as IT service providers who manage the website and its performance, our payment fulfilment provider, delivery providers or our marketing fulfilment agencies who issue our e-newsletter on our behalf or other professional advisers who provide legal, consultancy, insurance or accounting services;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of the site
- the payment facilitators to process payment and to undertake fraud prevention checks.
We may also need to share your personal data with third parties:
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of My Baba or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- who are competition partners to enable them to dispatch prizes to competition winners and to give details of those who may sign-up to that third party newsletter and emails in the course of entry to the competition.
Where we store your information
All personal information we have about you via email or through the site is stored on secure servers operated by My Baba or its third party IT service providers. We have put or ensure that there are in place appropriate security measures and policies to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions in accordance with this policy and applicable Data Protection legislation.
Where information has been passed to our third party service providers it will be stored on their secure servers. These third party service providers have access to your personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. My Baba ensures that these third party service providers will only process your personal data in accordance with this policy and applicable Data Protection legislation.
If you are provided with a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Where you have provided your data to enter a competition, your data shall only be retained during the entry period for the competition and for a reasonable time thereafter to finally administer the competition. Where you have requested subscription to our e-newsletter or have ordered products from our site your personal information will be held in My Baba’s customer relationship management systems for an indefinite period. You may request to unsubscribe from the e-newsletter at any time at which point you would be removed from our relevant system. The personal data of any VIP members will be retained for the period of membership and for a short time thereafter. My Baba will carry out periodic data cleanses of this information to ensure that it is up to date and accurate and it is still reasonably necessary for us to retain it to fulfil the purposes we collected it for.
You have the following rights in connection with your personal information processed by My Baba:
- Access – you can request access to your personal information and further details about how your personal information is handled by My Baba
- Object – you have the right to object to our processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes or where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the contract between us or legitimate interests pursued by My Baba or by a third party
- Rectification – you can request rectification of any incorrect personal data held about you
- Erasure – you can request erasure of any personal data where the processing isn’t necessary for the purposes of the contract between us or the legitimate interests pursued by My Baba or by a third party
You have a right at any time to withdraw consent to receiving the e-newsletter or marketing from My Baba. To manage your rights please follow the instructions in our marketing communications or write to us at:
Post: My Baba, 80 South Audley Street, London, W1K 1JH
Where you opt out of marketing, we may nonetheless retain your information in connection with previous transactions or correspondence (such as competition entries or with record of prior correspondence between us) for so long as is reasonably necessary in connection with the same.
You can also seek to exercise any of these rights at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided below.
Please note when you seek to enforce any of your rights, we may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity as a security measure. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
If you are concerned or have questions about how My Baba handles your personal data please contact us and we will do our best to assist you.
Please note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (or any other appropriate supervisory authority), which may be accessed through the following link https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
(Update April 2020)