Christmas Activities / 10 December, 2018 / Nanny Anita
Felt Christmas Tree Decorations
You will need:
1. On the plain paper draw and cut out a template of a Christmas tree, then draw round it on the felt.
2. Let their imaginations go wild as they decorate them.
3. Once it has dried using a needle make a hole at the top so that you can poke the craft wire through to make a loop to hang it with.
As a child I always found it sad that my favourite cuddle toy Crocy didn’t have a stocking to hang up on Christmas Eve, so this year we all decided to make our favourite toys a stocking to hang over the fire place.
You will need:
1. On a plain piece of paper cut out a template for your stocking, as we were making our stockings for teddies, we made them quite small. Draw around your stocking on the felt and cut it out. You will need 2 pieces to make one stocking.
2. Put one cut out aside (this will be the back) and decorate the front piece. Let this completely dry before moving on, otherwise your whole stocking may get stuck together!
3. Cut a length of ribbon and glue it into a loop.
4. On the piece you set aside, glue the ribbon to the top corner – this is so that it will hang properly. Then, put a line of glue around the outside (be sure not to glue along the top or you will glue the stocking shut).
5. Place the front decorated piece on top and press down.
6. Once it has completely dried, find a place to hang your Teddy’s stocking, and hopefully with a little bit of magic if your teddy has been good then it may get a present come Christmas Day!