You will need:
- A jam jar
- Sand paper
- Modelling plasticine
- Distilled water (tap water and boiled water tend to go yellow after a while due to the impurities in it. You can get distilled water via amazon).
- Silicone glue
- Clear nail varnish
1. Using your modelling plasticine, make a little model to be the feature of your snow globe (ensure it fits inside the jar). When you have finished it, make sure you bake it according to the manufacturer’s guidelines.
2. When your model is baked and cooled, cover it completely with clear nail varnish to make it water proof. Try to paint every little crack and crevice, so the water doesn’t ruin it.
3. Sand the lid of your jam jar (where you will glue your model) so that the glue will adhere to it properly.
4. Using the silicone glue, stick your model to the lid and leave to dry.
5. Fill your jar with distilled water, then add a drop or two of the glycerin. The bigger your jar the more drops you add. The glycerin helps the glitter to fall slowly.
6. Add some glitter to your jar.
7. Put some silicone glue on the rim of the jar and screw the lid on, this prevents small hands from accidentally opening the snow globe.
These make the perfect present from a small child.