YC has been begging me for ages to make some more play dough for her to play with. We had the perfect opportunity to make some while YC was off school ill. She was feeling better one afternoon so we set about to make some Christmas themed play dough. This is a slightly different recipe to ones that I have made before as this one doesn’t require cooking or cream of tartar (when we went to make it we discovered that we were out of it).
Make sure you follow my play dough board on Pinterest for more ideas. Don’t forget to save the pin for later.
You will need:
- 1 cup of flour
- ¾ cup of fine salt
- ¼ cup of water
- 1 tsp of vegetable oil
- Scent – optional
How to make Christmas No Cook Play Dough:
- Combine the salt and flour in a bowl and give it a quick mix
- In a separate bowl add the water and colouring, mix it together, then add the oil
- Add the flour and salt and mix together
- If you find the dough too dry add extra water until it sticks together
- Place it onto a floured surface and start kneed it until it smooth
When we had finished making the play dough I set YC up with her play cooker, rolling pin and cookie cutters for her to make her Christmas cookie shop. YC was very happy playing with her play dough while EC was doing his homework.
I am not sure how long this play dough will last for because we threw it after she had finished with it.
This is a good recipe to throw together if you don’t have much time or if you are missing the cream of tartar, but I did find that after a while the salt did start to dry the hands out (not that it bothered YC).
Pin for later: