Takes 20 mins
- 3 Tbsp almonds
- 2 carrots
- 1 fennel bulb
- 400g/14oz mixture of red and white cabbage
- 1â„2 red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 handful each of coriander (cilantro) and mint, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 250ml/1 cup natural yoghurt
- 4 heaped Tbsp almond butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Toast the almonds in a dry frying pan for a few minutes, then roughly chop.
- Use a food processor to grate the carrots. Next, finely shred the fennel and cabbage and mix with the grated carrots in a large bowl. Add the onion and herbs.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the olive oil, yoghurt, almond butter, and some salt and pepper. Add the lemon juice and mix.
- Pour the yoghurt dressing over the slaw mix, add the chopped almonds, reserving a few to sprinkle over the top, and mix.
Extracts taken from Pip and Nut: The Nut Butter Cookbook by Pippa Murray (Quadrille, £15) Photography by Adrian Lawrence
For competitions and offers from our favourite brands, click here.