Features / 24 November, 2018 / Nanny Anita
As Thanksgiving is coming up I decided to a craft with an American twist to it, something to salute the Native Americans. For those who aren’t familiar with dream catchers they are to help filter our dreams, the middle is meant to represent a Spiders web that catches the bad dreams and lets the good thoughts through. Then will the first rays of light those bad dreams would perish. When I told my charges that we were going to make some paper plate dream catchers, my eldest charge got so excited at the thought that he had something else to stop any horrid dreams bothering him (he has a monster grabber and a monster teddy that gobbles up your worries).
Makes sure you follow my craft board on Pinterest for more ideas. Don’t forget to save the pin for later.
1. If you are using a paper plate – cut out the centre and discard, so you are left with just the rim. If you are using card stock – draw around 2 sized plates (smaller one inside the bigger one), then cut out.
2. Use a hole punch to make a holes around the disk that you have made. If you don’t have a hole punch then scissors work just as well.
3. Paint your disk.
4. Once it is dry, thread your wool through the holes to make a spiders web across the middle.
5. Decorate your dream catcher.
6. Hang some more wool from the bottom of the dream catcher and attach some feathers to it.
All that’s left is to find a good spot by their bed to hang it, and (hopefully) have a pleasant nights sleep.
Pin for later: