Goujons, fish or chicken, always seem to get inhaled in our home. You can pretty much get away with anything inside as long as it has been coated in the much loved ‘crispy’ jacket. The little people seem quite oblivious to my devious ways and recently I have been ‘winging it’ on the coating bit as well. I have deviated away from classic breadcrumbs and tried all sorts of combinations, nuts, herbs, oatmeal, parmesan and as in this recipe, a combination of all the above. These little goujons are super easy to make and perfect if the little people want to get their hands dirty and be chef for 5 minutes or so. The goujons pretty much can be teamed with anything, the pink one has suddenly got a liking for giant couscous as in the photos, but the bottom line is they are incredibly versatile and will satisfy both mummies, daddies and little people!
Recipe – to feed 2 hungry toddlers and 2 adults
- 60g Almonds – with skins on
- 35g Parmesan
- 10g Basil
- 30g Polenta
- 500g Organic chicken fillets cut into finger size pieces
- Pop the almonds and parmesan into a magimix and whizz until finely ground. Add in the basil and polenta and whizz quickly again. Pour into a bowl.
- Press the chicken into the nut and cheese crumbs and set aside until you are ready to cook it.
- Cook the chicken in a frying pan with a slug of olive oil and a tiny knob of butter. Place the chicken in the pan and cook until golden on each side and serve immediately.
Written by the wonderful Joanna Preston of Larder Saga. Check it out for other scrumptious ideas!