311 calories per serving
Peas and tarragon make a great combination, the aniseed flavour of the tarragon enhancing the sweetness of the peas. Teamed with softly fried sliced leeks, they make an indulgent omelette for weekend breakfasts.
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 150g podded fresh peas (or thawed frozen peas)
- A few fresh tarragon sprigs
- 4 eggs
- 50ml water
- Flaked sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the leek and cook on a low heat until soft but not browned. Add the peas and tarragon and cook for a few more minutes until the peas are tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs in a bowl with the water and a pinch each of salt and pepper. Pour the egg mixture into the frying pan. Once browned on the base, fold the omelette in half and cook for a few more minutes until cooked throughout. Slide out of the pan to serve.
Extract from Detox Kitchen Vegetables by Lily Simpson available now. Photography Issy Croker Photo from #detoxkitchenvegetables by Lily Simpson @thedetoxkitchen @bloomsburycooks Photography @issycroker