Food / 12 September, 2018 / My Baba
Quick Coconut Chicken Curry
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 18 minutes
- 1 tbsp rapeseed or other light oil
- 400g diced chicken breast
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1/2 tbsp medium curry powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 300ml tinned coconut milk
- 100ml chicken stock
- 150g tinned chickpeas
- 60g fresh spinach
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan. Brown the chicken for roughly 2 min on each side, set aside. Add the onion and fry for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the garlic, curry powder and garam masala and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the ground almonds, chicken and chicken stock and bring to the boil, bubble for 2 min then add the coconut milk, leave on a medium simmer for 10 minutes, the sauce should have thickened slightly.
- Add the chickpeas and cook for another 2-3 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from the heat and add the spinach.
- Serve with boiled rice.
Super easy and quick recipes by Zanussi