- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp cashew butter (or other nut butter)
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine quinoa, oats, oil, honey, and cashew butter in a bowl and stir together until mixed.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, coconut, and nuts. Place the bowl in the fridge until it thickens, about 30 minutes.
- Form the mixture into 1-inch balls. Place them on a lined cookie sheet and put them in the fridge to harden. Store them in the fridge or freezer in an airtight container.
The Mix-and-Match Lunchbox: 27,000 Wholesome Combos to Lunch Go Yum! By Cherie Schetselaar & Britney Rule £13.99, Familius, available from www.exislepublishing.co.uk and all good bookshops