Should you be lucky enough to find yourself in Hong Kong, but need to contact their emergency services you will be pleased to find out that it’s exactly the same as the United Kingdom: 999. As ever, there are also a few more numbers you will need to note down just in case:
- The general Police Enquiries number is (local) 2527 7177 for contacting the police for something that doesn’t require the emergency services as such.
- The Department of Health is on (local) 2961 8989.
- The Hong Kong Tourism Board Visitor Hotline is (local) 2508 1234 for general information and all bits you would need to know as a tourist.
The harbors in Hong Kong have great number of hospitals based on very high tech modern technology. The advanced and developed science in this city has enabled scientific methods of treatment which are much and easier than before.
- The Matilda International Hospital’s maternity ward is by far the most in demand in the city but The Matilda is too inconvenient for emergencies.
- If your child really needs to see a doctor pronto, their best bet would be The Canossa, a private hospital in the Mid Levels and close to Central (where most visitors should be staying).
- If they want a direct doctor visit, try Doctors Direct HK.