474 calories per serving
The radishes in this quinoa salad not only add colour but also crunch and heat. The salad can be speedily thrown together for lunch or dinner, and it is even quicker if you keep cooked quinoa on standby in an airtight container in the fridge.
(I would highly recommend doing this if you are often pressed for time.)
- 200g quinoa
- 200g radishes, sliced (keep fresh green leaves)
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 large beef tomato, diced
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 30g pumpkin seeds
- Flaked sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Put the quinoa in a saucepan with a pinch of salt and cover with three times the amount
of water. Bring to the boil, then simmer gently for 10–12 minutes until the quinoa is cooked and the tail has separated from the seed. Drain in a sieve and rinse under cold running water until cool.
- Tip the quinoa into a large mixing bowl and add the radishes (along with any fresh green leaves), the cucumber, spring onions, tomato, tamari, mint and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper, then mix together.
- Toast the pumpkin seeds in a small dry frying pan over a medium heat until lightly golden. Scatter the seeds over the salad.
Extract from Detox Kitchen Vegetables by Lily Simpson available now. Photography Issy Croker Photo from #detoxkitchenvegetables by Lily Simpson @thedetoxkitchen @bloomsburycooks Photography @issycroker