I’m a big fan of Goop as you know, and I had to share these healthy flapjack recipes I came across on instagram. You can switch the jams if you fancy a different flavour, perhaps apricot or blackcurrant. I can’t wait to make these this weekend.
MAKES 12 LARGE FLAPJACKS
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup finely ground hazelnut meal/flour
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- ¾ cup brown rice syrup
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 ounces raspberry jam
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Place butter in small saucepan over medium heat and cook until the solids at the bottom of the pan start to brown and smell nutty. As soon as the butter starts to brown, remove it from the heat and set aside; butter goes very quickly from golden and delicious to burnt and ruined, so watch carefully.
3. While the brown butter cools, combine oats, hazelnut meal, coconut, and salt in a large bowl and mix with a spatula.
4. Pour in brown rice syrup, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and brown butter and stir to combine.
5. Lightly grease a 9-inch x 9-inch baking dish with butter or coconut oil and press half of the oat mixture into the bottom to make an even layer.
6. Use a spatula or spoon to spread over the jam and top with remaining oat mixture, pressing gently to make an even layer.
7. Bake 30-40 minutes, or until edges are crispy and the top is just beginning to brown. Cool completely before slicing.