For the base:
- 60g (2½ oz) soft pitted Medjool dates
- 165g (5½ oz) unsalted pistachio kernels
- 90g (3â…“ oz) blanched almonds
For the lemon cheesecake layer:
- 75g (3oz) macadamia nuts (soaked as per method below)
- 85g (3¼ oz) cashews (soaked as per method below)
- 75g (3oz) raw coconut oil
- 90ml (6 tbsp) full-fat coconut milk (mix the tin well before using)
- 90ml (6 tbsp) fresh lemon juice
- 50ml (3 tbsp plus 1 tsp) maple syrup
- zest of 1 lemon
- Lemon zest, chopped pistachios and/or fresh berries (optional)
- First, soak the macadamia nuts and cashews for the cheesecake layer overnight or for a minimum of 4 hours. Drain and rinse.
- To make the base, blend all the ingredients in a food processor until they start to come together and then pour into a 24cm (9½ in) pie tin or similar flan tin or dish and push down to cover the base.
- To make the lemon cheesecake layer, add everything except the lemon zest to the food processor and blend until smooth. Add the zest and pulse a couple of times. Pour on top of the base and place in the freezer for a couple of hours to set.
- Take out of the freezer at least 2 hours before serving and keep in the fridge.
- Serve the cheesecake with a sprinkling of lemon zest, some chopped pistachios and fresh berries, if wished.
Recipe from Daily Mail