Food / 12 June, 2019 / My Baba
Baby Chicken and Pea Carbonara
Makes 1 portion
Suitable for 9 months onwards
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 50g small pasta shapes
- 25g peas
- 2 tablespoon full fat milk
- 1 medium British Lion egg yolk
- 15g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 25g cooked chicken, diced
- 15g ripe avocado, diced
- Cook the pasta in boiling water according to the packet instructions.
- Add the peas 3 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Mix the milk, raw yolk and cheese together in a small bowl.
- Drain the pasta and peas and tip back into the saucepan.
- Quickly add the egg mixture and stir over a low heat for a few seconds until the sauce has thickened and is coating the pasta.
- Add the chicken and avocado and serve at once.
The FSA advises that runny eggs are back on the menu for babies, as long as they’re British Lion.
Recipe from British Lion eggs and Annabel Karmel.
The Best Products To Begin Your Baby’s Weaning Journey
For competitions and offers from our favourite brands, click here.