Food / 30 June, 2019 / My Baba
Mouth-Watering Grilled Olives with Manchego
- 24 Gordal olives, pitted
- 120g Manchego cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 15g chopped rosemary
- 15g chopped thyme
- 2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1tsp sugar
- Remove the rind from the Manchego and cut it into 1inch x ¼ inch pieces (to fit the olives).
- Stuff the olives with the pieces of Manchego cheese and set to one side.
- In a bowl, combine the garlic, shallots, rosemary, thyme, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and pepper.
- Skewer the Manchego stuffed olives on to a soaked skewer (or rosemary stem), three to a piece.
- Once you have 8 skewers with olives, cover them in the marinade and allow them to sit for 4-8 hours.
- When ready to cook, grill the marinated olives over high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until the Manchego cheese starts to melt.
Recipe by Giorgio Rapicavoli for the Olives from Spain campaign in the U.S.A. 2013