- 100g plain flour
- 75g butter, softened
- 50g grated Parmesan
- 50g pitted black olives such as Hojiblanca, roughly chopped
- 1-2tbsp ice cold water or milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2tbsp sesame seeds or Dukkah
- Sift the flour into a bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Stir in the Parmesan, olives and water and mix to make a smooth soft dough.
- Spoon the mixture onto a sheet of non-stick baking paper or cling film and roll it up into a cylinder about 4cm thick. Chill or freeze until firm.
- Heat oven to 180C, and before baking brush the dough with the beaten egg and coat with the sesame seeds or Dukkah.
- Slice the dough into 1cm thick slices and place a few centimetres apart on lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until golden.
Recipe by Fiona Hunter for the Olives from Spain campaign in the UK