Food / 10 July, 2019 / My Baba
Gluten Free Spinach & Ricotta Tartlets
- 20g gluten free plain flour
- 100g butter
- Sea salt to season
- 30 – 60l cold water
- 5g xanthan gum
For the filling
- 250g ricotta cheese
- 0.5g ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs beaten
- Black pepper and sea salt to season
- 60ml single cream
- 5g green pesto
- 100g frozen spinach (defrost and thoroughly drained of all excess liquid, then chopped)
- Put the flour, xanthan gum and salt into a mixing bowl. Cut up the butter and rub in until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add the water a little at a time until the mixture comes together to form a firm dough. Wrap in cling film and chill for 15 minutes.
- Divide the pastry into four equal pieces. Roll out each piece so it’s big enough to line your tartlet case. Push the pastry carefully into the base and sides of your case, taking care as gluten free pastry does have a tendency to be very short and tear easily. Place the pastry cases on a baking tray and prick the pastry with a fork. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C, 400°F, Gas mark 6 for 10 minutes.
- Put all the filling ingredients into a bowl and mix well. Pour into the pastry cases and return to the oven for 20-25 minutes until is firm to touch.
Serve warm or cold with a salad.
Recipe by Dr. Oetker Ristorante