Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 200g (7oz) vermicelli rice noodles
- 1/2 cucumber, deseeded and cut into matchsticks
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 150g (5 /2oz) bean sprouts
- 125g (4 1/2oz) green beans, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped blanched
- peanuts, to garnish
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon sunflower or groundnut oil
- ½ teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil, then turn off the heat and add the rice noodles. Cover and leave to cook for 4 minutes, until just tender (alternatively, cook according to the packet instructions). Drain the noodles and cool immediately in a bowl of ice-cold water.
To make the dressing, put the ingredients into a small bowl and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
Place the prepared vegetables, herbs and chilli in a large mixing bowl. Pour over half of the dressing and toss until well combined.
Drain the noodles and transfer to four serving bowls. Heap the salad on top of the noodles and drizzle with the remaining dressing. Serve scattered with chopped peanuts.
Taken from The Low FODMAP Recipe Book by Lucy Whigham.