Food / 9 August, 2022 / My Baba
Easy flatbread recipes perfect for summer garden parties, families meals and more.
Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add half of the garlic and fry for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and oregano. Fry for 2 minutes until hot. Season liberally.
Warm the pitta bread under a hot grill for 1-2 minutes. Spread with a good layer of tzatziki, top with tomato, lettuce and red onion and scatter over the warm chicken.
Heat a griddle pan over a high heat and grill your flatbreads for 1 minute on each side or until they have nice grill marks.
Spread a thick layer of hummus over each and scatter over the cherry tomatoes and red pepper slices over the top.
Tear up the burrata into bite size chunks and dot around the flatbread.
4. Season liberally, drizzle over a good glug of extra-virgin olive oil and scatter over the torn basil leaves.
Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6.
Melt the butter in a small frying pan over a medium heat. Add the spinach and sauté for one minute until just wilted. Remove to a kitchen towel lined plate and blot well to remove any excess liquid.
Lay the flatbreads on a lined baking sheet and spread over the pesto.
Cover with the spinach and dot teaspoonfuls of ricotta over the top. Season liberally with sea salt and black pepper, a grating of nutmeg and sprinkle of dried chili flakes. Bake for 5 minutes in the pre-heated oven.
2 large garlic pizza flatbreads
80g sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and roughly chopped
80g fresh red pesto
1 medium courgette, cut into thick ribbons using a vegetable peeler.
2 tablespoons pine nuts
1 tablespoon basil leaves, torn
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas mark 6
2. Place the flatbreads on a lined baking tray and spread over the red pesto and scatter over the courgette ribbons.
3. Dot over the sundried tomatoes, scatter over the pine nuts and bake for for 8-9 minutes.
4. Season well and finish with the basil.