Food / 10 April, 2023 / My Baba
Rhubarb And Custard Muffins
Add the all-time favourite Rhubarb and Custard flavour into this delicious Muffin recipe!
- Muffin Cases
- Rhubarbs (2 Thin stalks pink rhubarb approx. 200g/7oz trimmed and finely chopped)
- 225g Plain Flour (8oz)
- 2 Baking Powder Sachets (x2 sachet, 10g/2 tsp)
- 115g Caster Sugar (4oz)
- Large Egg (x1 beaten)
- 115g Butter (4oz, melted)
- 150ml Whole Milk (1/4 pt)
- 10g Madagascan Vanilla Paste (2 tsp)
- 200g Fresh Vanilla Custard (7oz, cold thick vanilla custard + extra to serve if liked)
- 40g Demerara Sugar (1 ½ oz)
- Preheat the oven to 190?C (170?C fan assisted oven, 375?F, gas mark 5). Put the Muffin Cases in 12 muffin tins. Sift the flour and Baking Powder into a mixing bowl and stir in the sugar. Make a well in the centre.
- In a jug, mix the egg, melted butter, milk and Vanilla Paste together. Pour into the well, add 150g (5oz) the rhubarb and mix all the ingredients together to make a thick batter.
- Spoon some of the mixture equally between the cases to ¼ fill the cases and make a slight indent in the centre. Spoon in a dollop of custard then spoon the rest of the muffin batter on top. Smooth over the tops to cover the custard, sprinkle each with the remaining rhubarb and Demerara sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until risen and golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Your muffins are now ready to serve and enjoy – delicious served warm or cold – with extra custard if you like!
Recipe from Dr. Oetker.
Rhubarb And Raspberry Rainbow Meringue
Stunning Peach Melba Cheesecake
For competitions and offers from our favourite brands, click here.