Food / 8 November, 2023 / My Baba
Salted Caramel Puff Pastry Twists
An easy salted caramel twist recipe perfect for Christmas. Start by spreading your favourite salted caramel on a pastry sheet, twisting it closed and baking for 20 minutes. They’re completely foolproof with no expertise needed. Delicious!
An easy salted caramel twist recipe
- 1 sheet Puff Pastry
- 1/2 a jar (or approximately 120g) Salted caramel spread
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- 1/2 Tbsp Icing sugar(optional)
- Plain flour for dusting
- Preheat oven to 180C fan
- Sprinkle your worktop with a pinch of flour, lay out your puff pastry sheet gently and halve it lengthwise, so you have two long and thin rectangles.
- Spread 2 tbsp of the salted caramel spread over the pastry.
- Roll it up.
- Cut each roll in half.
- Slice each roll in half lengthwise leaving about 1/5 of the roll at one end still connected.
- Twist the halves around each other and pinch them securely at the ends. Repeat the process until you have 4 twists.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, brush with milk (water can be used as a substitute)
- Bake for 14-16 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool for at least 10 minutes and sprinkle with icing sugar before serving. Best eaten while still slightly warm and gooey. Yum
Recipe from Dorset Pastry.
18 Of The Best Baby Friendly Cafes In London
The Best Kids’ Advent Calendars For Your Christmas Countdown