Super easy short bread recipe. Just change the bit about cutting in to rounds to cut in to any shape- I love using our cookie cutters and letting the children choose one shape each.
- Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
- Beat the butter and the sugar together until smooth.
- Stir in the flour to get a smooth paste. Turn on to a work surface and gently roll out until the paste is 1cm/½in thick.
- Choose your cookie cutters to make the shapes, and then place onto a baking tray. Sprinkle with icing sugar and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until pale golden-brown. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.