Annabel Karmel’s amazingly creamy and gooey pancake recipe!
- 150g plain flour
- 15g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 250ml milk
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 125g light cream cheese
- 200g strawberries, sliced
- Toffee sauce
- 50g butter
- 50g light brown sugar
- 150 ml double cream
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
1) Put the caster sugar and flour into a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Crack in the eggs, then slowly add the milk and beat until smooth.
2) Heat the oil in a small frying pan. Pour in a little of the mixture and tilt to coat the pan. Cook for 2–3 minutes. Carefully turn over and cook on the other side, then slide onto a plate while you make the rest.
3) Place one pancake on a board and then spread a tablespoon of cream cheese in the centre. Arrange a few slices of strawberries over the cream cheese. Fold in half and then in half again. Repeat with the remaining pancakes.
4) To make the toffee sauce, melt the butter in a small pan. Add the sugar and cream and slowly bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla. Pour a little of the sauce over the pancakes to serve.
From My Kitchen Table: 100 Family Meals by Annabel Karmel, £7.99. For further recipes visit mykitchentable.co.uk