Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 3½ hours
- 1kg boneless pork leg joint
- 1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp oil
- 400ml hot chicken stock
For the spring greens salad:
- 200g bag sliced Cavolo Nero
- 2 Leeks, sliced (500g)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Juice 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard (20g)
1. Preheat the oven to 220oC, gas mark 7.
2. Unroll the pork and sprinkle the flesh with the paprika and seasoning. Place in a small roasting tin and drizzle with oil. Roast for 30 minutes.
3. Reduce the oven to 160oC, gas mark 3 and add the hot stock to the pan, cover the pork tightly with foil and roast for a further 3 hours, basting occasionally. Allow the pork to rest for 5-10 minutes then remove the skin and shred the meat with 2 forks, mixing it into any pan juices.
4. Meanwhile, steam the Cavolo Nero and leeks for 5 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
5. Whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, mustard and seasoning as stir into the greens.
6. Serve the pulled pork with the warm spring green salad.
Great for summer eating, just chill the spring green salad and serve in toasted baps. Serve warm as an alternative to a roast dinner.