Showcasing vibrant colours, pretty florals and the most delightful whimsical prints, Rachel Riley’s spring edit is a breath of fresh air after a long winter. Rachel’s been busy in her blossoming garden as she shares her craft on how to make a flower head garland for spring, surely the perfect accessory for any of these beautiful dresses.
How to make a head garland with spring flowers
What you will need:
- Flower wire
- Wire cutters
- Branches of foliage
- About 10 flowers
Very simple to make, and effective to make you look and feel like a fairy or flower girl!
- Bend the wire into the size of the head – neither too tight that will be restrictive or too loose that it will fall down. However remember that it needs to be a bit bigger to take into account the width of the branches.
- Make sure the pointy ends of the wire stick outwards to avoid injury!
- Interlace the branches of foliage in and around the wire so they form a secure and pretty base.
- Insert the flowers at regular intervals as many as you like – some can point up and some can point down so that it makes an attractive crown.
- Tuck the stems into the foliage so the flowers are secured.
- Place on a child’s head (or your own!) and dance about and feel beautiful and adorned by nature!
P.s. once you no longer need this to wear, and all the photos have been taken, it can double up as a flower wreath – why don’t people use spring wreaths on their doors as well as at Christmas?
Fashion edit: childrenswear for spring
From gorgeous babysuits and rompers, to frill dresses, playful cardigans and short sets, Rachel Riley’s SS21 collection of luxury children’s fashion has it all. Beautiful occasionwear for the months ahead, what better way to get back out into the world than in one of these adorable pieces?
For competitions and offers from our favourite brands, click here.