- 1 cup unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup smooth all natural peanut butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine milk and vanilla in small bowl.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in bowl.
- Beat butter and sugars in mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and blend until smooth.
- Slowly mix in peanut butter.
- Add half the flour mixture and blend slowly.
- When fully incorporated, add milk mixture. Continue to blend slowly.
- Add remaining flour mixture and mix on low speed just until incorporated.
- Add chocolate chips and fold in by hand.
- Scoop into 12 lined baking cups and bake for about 22 minutes, or until tops spring back when lightly touched and the edges are golden brown.
- 6 ounces unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter, natural (or if you want a smoother look, go not-natural)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Combine sugar and salt in bowl.
- Combine milk and vanilla in bowl.
- Beat butter and peanut butter in mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Alternately add sugar and milk mixture until fully incorporated.
- Add additional milk for a softer consistency.
- Frost on top of cooled cupcakes.