Summer is trying to make a guest appearance, so we are all conscious about not over-doing it! However, it’s always nice to have a little treat along the way… so why not try a Mini Skinny cupcake?
We would generally always use butter… but for certain (skinny) occasions, we can make an exception.
Makes 24 mini cupcakes (12 standard size)
- 4 oz half fat butter (Clover do a really good one)
- 4 oz half/half sugar (sweetener/sugar mix)
- 4oz self raising flour
- 2 eggs
- Splash of skimmed milk
- 1tsp vanilla paste
- Cream the sugar and butter until smooth, beat in the eggs one at a time until you have a creamy consistency.
- Sift in the flour and gently fold through, add milk to make mixture an even consistency.
- Place a generous teaspoon into cases and bake for approx. 15 minutes or until light golden in colour and springy to touch.
- 1oz half fat butter
- 3oz low/no fat cream cheese
- 6oz icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Blend butter and cream cheese together in a bowl until light and fluffy, carefully whisk in icing sugar a little at a time. Add vanilla and mix until a smooth consistency.
- Top your decorated cakes with fresh fruit, and you will have an almost angelic treat that looks and tastes fantastic!
Due to the lower fat content of these cakes, they are best eaten on the same day. But when they are this delicious, nobody would have any left!