There’s nothing better than a homemade treat to drive the little ones wild, especially when it comes on a stick (and doesn’t involve even turning on the oven).
These chocolate-dipped pops were made as part of an Enchanted Woodland sweet table by Sugar Sugar, along with mini Victoria sponges, meringue kisses, gooey brownies and cherry-topped shortbread. But the marshmallow pops were by far the biggest hit with the kids, all displayed in wooden logs to complete the theme.
I made the marshmallow from scratch, but the extra-large shop-bought variety work just as well, why not try making our super-easy marshmallow pops yourself?
You will need:
- Lollypop sticks
- Jumbo marshmallows
- Milk chocolate (I like Silverspoon decorating chocolate)
1. Insert the lollipop sticks into the marshmallows & set aside. Take care not to push the stick all the way through.
2. Melt the chocolate in the microwave, or in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water,
3. Dip each marshmallow (with stick) into the melted chocolate, until about half of the marshmallow is covered.
4. Roll into a dish of sprinkles whilst the chocolate is still warm and then leave to cool.
5. Display upside-down on a vintage plate or in a log drilled with holes like we have here.
And if you’re looking for a sweet table for a children’s party, get in touch with Sugar Sugar, we can create and style a completely bespoke table from just £5 a head.