This salad is almost too beautiful to eat! The colours are amazing, and the complexity of textures quite extraordinary. The crunchy seeds and pomegranates against the softly roasted sweet potato are just awesome. It’s all about the toppings here!
Approximately 40 Chews Per Mouthful
- 4 sweet potatoes, sliced into 3 cm (11/4 inch) thick discs
- 1 tablespoon rapeseed oil, or cooking oil of your choice
- 4 tablespoons spicy seed mix (see page 114)
- 4 tablespoons crunchy kefir dressing (see page 110)
- 8 radishes, finely sliced
- 6 spring onions, finely sliced
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- few sprigs of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/2 lemon, for squeezing
- salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6 and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
Spread the potato discs evenly on the baking tray. Drizzle with the oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven and cook for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until caramelized around the edges and soft in the middle. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before dressing the salad.
While the sweet potatoes are cooking and cooling make the seed mix and the dressing.
Layer all components on a large plate, reserving a little of everything for garnishing the top. Finish with a squeeze of lemon just before serving.
For an even easier midweek supper, simply bake whole sweet potatoes and enjoy with this assortment of toppings.
Recipe from Plenish: Fuel Your Ambition: Plant-based juices and meal plans to power your goals by Kara Rosen, published by Aster, £14.99